For the benefit of my readers who are fighting this battle and after mulling over whether to do what I’m about to do, I have decided to fast-forward to the current date…but only for a moment. As a very brief overview and a story that I will later write about in full, at my six-month MRI last October, a very small regrowth of the tumor was discovered. My team of doctors huddled and determined that the best treatment option was gamma knife surgery, a targeted radiation treatment, which took place in December….
So why did I decide to tell you this now and bring my story up to date? Because tomorrow is the big day – my three month follow-up to ensure that no regrowth has occurred. I have been feeling great and am confident that the doctors tell me there is no new growth. But if I have learned anything, it is that no matter the outcome, you can never lose hope no matter. I’ll roll with the punches just as I have for the past five-and-a-half years. It’s just like the poster in my office says – “We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails.”